This month our newest blogging group, #WorldWineTravel goes to Catalonia. We will all be writing and posting about this varied region between February 26 and February 27th. Join us by reading our posts and chatting with us on Saturday morning, February 27th at 11:00am EST on Twitter. All our posts will include #worldwinetravel, so it’s easy to find them. We hope you will come with us too.
I am so inspired by this new monthly group that I have dusted off my Spanish wine study books and am now enrolled in the Spanish Wine Scholar program at the Wine Scholar Guild, going for the trifecta of their certificates.
February Destination: Catalonia
Our second destination of the year is Catalonia, the location of fantastic sparkling wines such as Cava, exciting whites and reds and even some rose wines. You can write about any wines from the area. Priorat, Montsant, Terra Alta, or wines from Penedès, Costers del Segre and Conca de Barberà and others. It’s sure to be an exciting session and you can write about a wine, a winery, a winery visit and or a food and wine pairing from the region. I hope we will be a large group.
How to join us:
- Post in our Facebook Group event or send an email to tell me you’re in: Include blog url and title, Twitter handle, and any other social media details. You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send your post title to me by Monday, Feb. 22th to be included in the preview post. I will prepare a preview post shortly after getting the titles, linking to your blogs. Your title should include “#WorldWineTravel”
- Publish your post between Friday February 26 and 8:00 a.m. EDT on Saturday, February. 27th. You can always schedule your post in advance if you will be tied up that morning.
- Include links to the other #WorldWineTravel participants in your post, and a description of what the event is about. I’ll provide the HTML code that you can easily put in your initial post — which will link to people’s general blog url
- Once all the posts are live, I’ll send updated code so you can update the permanent links to everyone’s #WorldWineTravel posts.
- Get social! After the posts go live, please visit your fellow bloggers posts’ to comment and share. We have a Facebook group for participating bloggers to connect and share, too.
- Sponsored posts are OK if clearly disclosed. Please be sure to disclose if your post is sponsored or if you are describing wine or other products for which you have received a free sample.